Saturday, July 31, 2010

I see a wilderness for you and me.

HI. Updates:

-I spoke to a lovely little man at Canterbury the other day, he took one look at my transcript and said: "You have terrific grades, you should have no problem getting in." Stellar.

-Tom and I are currently working on our visa application, it's going really well and should hopefully be easy to complete.

-I'm currently looking for a job at a hostel or hotel.

-I have my first of three sessions with a trainer tomorrow (YAY. Thanks, Tom).


Now that that's out of the way. Hi. How are you. Hello.




I've been having a bit of a rough go of it lately, if I'm honest. I'm feeling a bit isolated and highly homesickly. I love everyone here, I've just had a real strong hunger for home and all of its components this week. I miss walking through the old neighborhood, I miss trips to SF and wandering around Oakland and Berkeley, etc. I miss the way the light hits the house at dusk. I miss knowing where everything is and just knowing what everything means and where everyone is supposed to be. I miss the natural order of things.

Oh, well. The journey continues.

3 comments:

  1. Hilary - I'm glad you are getting settled & I don't know how you feel being so far away from home. I only can only say "you are only young once" & what an incredible journey that you are on... Take it in, enjoy every moment, every new experience.... Your family is still here & I know your Mom misses you... Just wanted to send a note of encouragement... Good for you - for getting out of your box & taking a risk!!!
    Stephanie Sales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Erin here (works with Michael). Micheal's so cute. He bragged about your blog. I'm glad you're settling in. The homesickness gets better. I'll tell him to send you some tortillas and beans. :) Mexican food is what I always miss the most when I'm away from CA.

    ReplyDelete